Statement of Faith
Calvary Chapel of Spring Creek is a non-denominational church. We at Calvary Chapel seek to
emphasize the spiritual unity of all true believers. It is the policy of Calvary Chapel to give
preeminence to the preaching and teaching of the Word Of God, and to the worship of our Lord
In order to identify the church as conservative in theology, and evangelical in spirit, we set forth
this general statement of fundamental beliefs. This statement of faith is not meant be
comprehensive, but simple.
1. We believe the Bible (both old and new testaments) to be the inspired, the only infallible,
authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings. We believe what the historic
Christian Church has always believed, that the Bible is sufficient for all matters of faith and
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy
Spirit. We believe that God is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things.
3. We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth (He is fully God and fully
man), in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed
blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
4. We believe in the personal, visible (bodily), and pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ to
this earth. He will return with His saints and set up His kingdom of which there will be no end.
5. We believe that all people are by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own
sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our
Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal savior and
Lord, trusting Him to save them, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy
Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, and will spend
eternity with the Lord.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is
enabled to live a Godly life.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and unsaved; they that are saved unto the
resurrection of life and they that are unsaved to the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The basis for this unity is
the “one body”, “one Spirit”, “one hope of our calling”, “one Lord, “one faith”, “one baptism”, One
God and Father of all” (Ephesians 4:3-6)
Calvary Chapel Of Spring Creek regularly observes the two New Testament ordinances of water
baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These ordinances are in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, as
acts of love and devotion, and are not considered to be necessary for our salvation.